Good news for award-winning teachers; new Tehsils among other decisions.
Jaipur: After days of uncertainty as to how the mayor and chairpersons of municipal bodies will be elected in the state and keeping in mind the repeated demands of public representatives and also considering broader public interest, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Monday, gave his assent to indirect election of mayor and chairpersons.
Gehlot chaired the meeting of State Cabinet at CM Office wherein, UDH Minister Shanti Dhariwal presented a report on his assessment, as directed by the CM, on whether to hold a direct or indirect election for the top job at local bodies in the state.
Addressing this specific issue at a press conference, the UDH Minister said, that Cabinet has changed its decision and will now go in for indirect elections especially looking at the present circumstances wherein, violence, fear and insecurity loomed large on the society. “The BJP wants to divide the society and especially there are efforts to separate one particular class from the mainstream. We want to promote love and harmony in society and the feeling of brotherhood should prosper. In case of direct elections,there are chances of violence. Hence, we have taken this decision,” he said.
In yet another important decision, that will make the state richer by about Rs 40 crore annually, the Cabinet further decided to withdraw the pension, medical facilities and other allowances of the MISA, DIR and CrPC prisoners in the state. The previous government had decided in favour of offering these facilities to such prisoners as per Rajasthan Loktantra Senani Samman Nidhi Niyam, 2008, which the Cabinet annulled on Monday.
The State Cabinet also decided to give reservation benefits of the TSP region to the women of non-TSP area, who were residing in the TSP area after getting married. For this, the Department of Personnel would issue a fresh notification overriding the order dated July 4, 2016.
Other importants cabinet decisions..:
… include, amendments in various clerical staff services rules to give relaxation from having computer skills to the widow Class IV employees’ for promotion as clerk.
– 7th Pay Commission salary benefits to the semi-skilled and unskilled mechanics of the Civil Aviation Department.
– Change of cadre of the Psychological Counselors from Rajasthan Medical & Health Subordinate Services to the State Service.
– Amendment in Rajasthan Civil Service (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 to ensure better salary payments to the Assistant Statistical Officer (Agriculture) and the Statistical Assistant of Agriculture Department.
– Amendment in Rajasthan Assembly Secretariat (Recruitment & Service Conditions) Rules, 1992 for relaxation in experience from 3 years to 2 years for promotion.
100% fare waiver
CM Gehlot has provided a huge relief to teachers in the state, who have received national or state-level awards. They would be given 100 % waiver in passenger fares in State Roadways buses and they will be given Housing Board flats or plots on concessional rates.
As per the proposal…
– The (teachers) recipients of national and state-level awards would get 100% passenger fare waiver instead of the current 50%, when they travel by Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation buses.
– Also, the registered society of these awardee teachers could forward the proposals to the state government for concessional rate flats or plots.
– The teachers would be eligible for the MIG or LIG category flats of Rajasthan Housing Board or plots up to 150 square yards area.
The CM also approved formation of new tehsils in four districts and sub-tehsils in two districts of the state. He had announced establishing of these new revenue units during the Budget Session of the State Assembly. As per the proposal, Sikari sub-tehsil in Bharatpur, Sidhmukh in Churu, Mania in Dholpur and Delwara in Rajasmand district will be upgraded to tehsils. Also, Halena gram panchayat in Bharatpur and Bhandarej panchayat in Dausa district would be given sub-tehsil status. This decision would result in easy access of revenue administration to the locals for raising and disposal of their revenue related matters.