Gehlot writes to PM over PM-AASHA

Jaipur: In the interest of the farmers of the state, a sensitive Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, has written a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi requesting him to make necessary changes in the directions related to Price Support System under the Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan (PM-AASHA).

He has requested the PM to make changes in this scheme for purchase of food grains and oilseeds so that state farmers can get maximum benefit.

Gehlot informed that currently, under this scheme, limit of 25% of total production of food grain and oil seeds for purchase on support price has been fixed. Thus produce of many farmers remains unsold. He demanded that purchase limit on support price be increased from 25% to 50%.

In his letter, CM said that under the scheme, there is fixed limit of purchase of maximum 25 quintals produce in one day from one farmer. He faces difficulty in selling his produce this way. CM said either daily limit of maximum purchase should be removed or it should be extended. Gehlot has said that under this scheme the time period for purchase has been fixed as 90 days and there is pressure on purchase process due to this short duration.

He also requested extension of limit to at least 150 days so that farmers get ample time to prepare for next harvest and also sell their produce at purchase centres without any trouble.

CM requested Modi to remove the obstacles coming in the scheme for the benefit of the farmers of the state which has an important position in food grains and oil seeds.